Guest Bartending and Fundraising
Jimmy's Old Town Tavern has helped raise money for many charities and we are always happy and excited to assist you with your fundraising efforts!
Guest Bartending is an easy and fun way to raise money for your charitable organization, promote your company or to celebrate a personal event!
Step 1) Let's get started:
To request a date and discuss the details of your party please contact Mark at 571-283-1629.
We suggest you have between 2 and 6 guest bartenders for your event, during which two at a time can tend bar at a time along with our “professional bartenders!” Prior bartending experience is not necessary, as our bartenders will work closely with them and show them the ropes!
Jimmy's will provide DJ and Emcee services at no cost for your event, and you do not need to have guest bartenders if you just want to have a fundraiser!
Step 2) Promoting!
Time to get the word out! Mark will assist by creating a Facebook event page and invitations, which can be emailed to your friends and be printed for distribution. If time permits, we will also try to add your event to our monthly calendar and website!
Your job is to spread the word to your family, friends and co-workers through Facebook, emails, and any other social media platforms you’d like.
3) Guest Bartending Guidelines:
1. Guest bartenders should arrive 30 minutes before their shift and check in.
2. GBs will receive complimentary non/alcoholic drinks throughout the event.
3. GBs must be at least 21 and may not drink alcohol as they bartend.
4. All drinks made by GBs will be added to tabs and payment will be collected by Jimmy's staff. (GBs need not worry about using the cash register.)
5. Jimmy's staff will ID all patrons consuming alcohol and may cut off patrons if necessary.
6. GBs may not accept gratuities; all tips go to Jimmy's Staff.
7. GBs must empty trash and mop floors after their shift. (Just kidding!)
4) Attire: Guest Bartenders are encouraged to wear shirts, hats and more that promote their cause! Have fun and be creative!
5) Fundraising ideas!
There are definitely too many ways and ideas for raising money for charity to list here, but here are a few that seem to work well at Jimmy's!
1. Create 1 or 2 "Donation Jars.” Decorate them however you wish! These jars may be placed throughout the restaurant, and should be monitored. Please note that these are for donations and not for tips.
2. Host a raffle by soliciting EVERYONE you know to donate prizes! The more valuable the prizes, the more you can raise! Throwing in an occasional “50/50” raffle helps as well. We have found that raffle ticket sales work best as follows: 1 ticket for $5.00 and 5 tickets for $20.00. With a lot of prizes, it's best to list them on a poster board and/or a sheet that can be handed out. Must be present to win is the norm, and posting the winning tickets on the prize board helps too! Any unclaimed prizes can be re-raffled or added to the final prize. We usually keep raffle tickets in stock, but please bring your own if you can as well.
3. Live or Silent Auction! Again, the better the prizes, the more you can raise!
4. Thursdays work out best for Guest Bartending, as we offer live music every Thursday night!
5. Create and sell your own event T-shirts, cups, glassware and more! Be creative!
Again, these are just a few ideas!
Thank you for your interest in hosting your event at Jimmy's. Please remember to contact Mark to get the ball rolling or if you have any questions!
-Jimmy and Staff